"falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living"


Tuesday, January 28, 2014

right time, right place

I have a very strong opinion about everything in life happening for a reason. I have been through some hard things, and some amazing things... and all of those experiences have been for a reason. I don't doubt that for a second.
 
What I have also come to realize is that people are carefully placed in our lives at certain times and in certain places. My life has been VERY much blessed by people around me. I have had the opportunity to make some of the greatest friends in my life. Best Friend isn't an actual person... Its a level. I have several best friends, and I can't imagine where I would be without all of these people.
 
I love these people. They have all been crucial to me becoming the person I am today and I will never be able to fully express how grateful I am for them and their impact on my life.
 
Caitlyn:
Caitlyn came in to my life in 8th grade- a very critical time in my life. I faced so many fears and learned so many valuable lessons with this best friend by my side. We took on high school, dating, driving, elections, graduating, and most importantly...we figured out who we really are, with each other. We survived our awkward jr high phase together, and came up with all kinds of crazy shenanigans. My favorite thing about Caitlyn is that she knows exactly what she wants in life and she is not afraid to go get it. She works her butt off, and makes her dreams a reality. She inspires me to be a better person. I am so grateful for my BF4E!
 
Jonny:
I met this crazy kid when I was 15 and decided to run against him for student council. Hating someone has never paid off quite like it has with him. If there is one person that knows exactly how to brighten my day and make me laugh... its this guy. I can't imagine who or where I would be if I didn't have the influence of Jonny in my life. We have both grown up and changed and figured life out, but we've never lost each other. I turn to him constantly, and he never lets me down. My favorite thing about Jonny is that he genuinely cares about people, he goes out of his way to help those around him. This guy is the first one to step up when I need something. A laugh, a treat, a blessing, a cry, anything. At the end of the day, he's my best friend. Love you, you crazy!

Ashley:
Holy moly... Where do I begin? This girl changed my life. Until Ash came along, I don't think I had instantly clicked with someone in my life. When I moved to Provo, I lucked out. Ashley knows me better than I know myself. She knows what I want or how I am feeling before I do sometimes. She practically reads my mind. Living with her for 2 years is one of the biggest blessings in my life so far. I became the happy, more confident, crazy, outgoing person that hid inside for a long time because she forced it right out of me. Even though she lives in CA again, we are still so close. She is still the person I call crying, or laughing, or just because life is hard and I need to talk. She calls me just because she wants to talk while we both get ready for church. We share our doubts and our fears, and our accomplishments. I know she has my back as much as I have hers and I love that. She has a huge heart and she will do what it takes to make those around her laugh. My favorite thing about her is that her laugh is insanely contagious....try not laughing when you hear it. Here's a secret, its impossible. Man, oh man, I love my Ashley May!
 
Katie:
Oh Katie. Katie, Katie, Katie. Plain and simple, I love Katie. I mean... she loves Mat Kearney, she drives an Xterra, she LOVES dogs, she loves orange. Pretty much we share a brain. Katie is hands down one of the most loving people I have ever met. She deeply cares about those around her. One of the first things I noticed about Katie is that she always goes out of her way to get to know everyone and to be friends with everyone. She is extremely accepting of everyone, and isn't afraid to go out of her comfort zone to include others. She is passionate about life, and it always up for adventure. Adventure is out there!! She loves the gospel, and has a very profound understanding of it. The 2 years I spent in Provo with Katie blessed my life SO much. She taught me so many things and got me through some tough times and I am so grateful for her example. My favorite thing about Katie is that we share a love of note writing. Coming home to a note delivered on my bed, under my door, on my car, on the fridge, etc are memories that I will have forever. I love you Kathy!!


Erica:
Erica is one of a kind, and I love her for that. I met Erica my first Sunday at the singles ward I go to in Lehi. I was very nervous about the ward, but I got to know her fairly quickly. I joke that I forced my way into her life... but I think I really kinda did. Erica is always going out of her way to meet new people, she is very welcoming to those around her. People naturally gravitate to her because she makes them feel at ease. She is hilarious and keeps me laughing. She is never afraid to speak her mind, and will call you out on anything. She keeps me on my toes and there is never a dull moment. Erica HATES to plan things, but she does it anyways because when it comes down to it... she really is the center of attention. ;) She is very driven and determined. We love to have fun and be "so funny and popular", but we also love to wear pajamas and watch movies. I mean... she has her own pjs and a toothbrush at my house! My favorite thing about Erica is that she pretty much always has a smile on her face. She laughs like a dolphin and it is highly entertaining.

I love you guys!! Thanks for being such a huge part of my life.


No comments: